Join us at the Belmont-Paul Women's Equality National Monument for our annual Open House featuring music, Ranger Talks, storytelling and more! Come celebrate the 98th anniversary of the constitutional amendment that secured the right to vote for women. Included in the festivities will be choirs, ensembles, storytellers, a walking tour, and National Park Service led discussions. No tickets or reservations required. Doors are open from 9am-5pm.
Open House Programs
Sunday, August 26, 2018
- 9:30am: Walking Tour - Suffragists Rain on Wilson’s Parade (meet at 12th and Pennsylvania Ave. NW)
- 9:30am: Ranger Talk - Suffrage in Black and White
- 10:45am: Ranger Talk - Where No Woman Has Gone Before
- 12pm: Music and Storytelling Showcase - SongRise, an acapella social justice group
- 12:30pm: Music and Storytelling Showcase - Pitch Pipe Foundation chamber music
- 1pm: Music and Storytelling Showcase - Better Said Than Done Storytellers
- 2:30pm: Music and Storytelling Showcase - Capitol Harmonia, a women's choir
- 3:15pm: Ranger Talk - The Equal Rights Amendment: When Equality and Power Converge
For more information on National Park Service Ranger Talks for Women's Equality Day, visit our friends at the Belmont-Paul Women's Equality National Monument.